My interview this week is with Author Caitlyn Fournier.
Your answer to question 12 is pretty weird, and I don’t think I could sleep in the dark after that either. If you haven’t already included that in a book yet, it is great material. And I do not think it is weird in the least that you don’t like editing.
Thank you, Caitlyn, for being my interview guest.
About Writing/Books/Being an Author
1. Do you remember the first book you read that had an impact on you – in what way and what was the name of that book?
I was reading Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs, I actually read it in Grade 4, and it was the book that had shown me that I didn’t have to just write fanfiction; that I could just create my own stories and make them however I wanted.
2. When did you first realize you wanted to write?
I believe that I was probably 12 years old when I first started to fiddle around with the idea of writing, and just doing small fanfiction stories that I just kept to myself.
3. Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
My favourite authors are Rick Riordan and Patricia Briggs.
4. What is your favourite thing about writing? What is your least favourite thing about writing?
My favourite thing about writing is the creating of the characters and the scenes, but my least favourite part is the editing. I should like editing but I just don’t, its weird I know.
5. Where do your ideas come from?
Music, movies, other books, nature, sketches (mine or other people), nightmares (dreams are too mainstream), and certain kinds of quotes or poetry.
6. I’ve often found that creative people have more than one talent, what is yours?
I also do a bit of painting, sketching, and jewellery making.
7. When you create characters are they completely made up or do they resemble or remind you of people you know?
I would love to say that I’ve made them up but that would be completely untrue as I do get parts of my characters personalities from the people that I’m around and that I interact with.
8. Have you ever created a character “out of thin air” only to run into someone in real life that reminds you of that character either in personality or their features?
This is scary but yeah, it’s happened, freaks me out every time.
9. How do you come up with titles for your books?
I prefer short titles that are punchy, or have some kind of meaning in regards to the book. If its longer than three words to me that’s too long.
10. What are you working on now and can you tell us about it?
I currently have three books in the works, one is a comic book that I’m working on with an artist that is set to be launching this fall. I have book two of the Life Mate Trials series currently in the works, set to be launched after the comic book (the comic book is based on the first book in this series). The Life Mate Trials series is about an albino boy who has a chance encounter with a 200 year old vampire boy that looks that same age as he does, but are they really just friends? The third book is a very long mini series that I’m hoping to have done before August, this one is a gay crime romance that is based around the same two main characters for each of the short stories (that are mainly in chronological order except for one).
11. Have you won any awards for your writing/books and if so what?
Sadly no, however, I will be entering a contest on Amazon soon for an eBook award so wish me luck ❤
A Little More Personal
12. Have you ever experienced something weird you could not explain?
Yes, but it might sound super weird so I might just sum it up quickly. When I was really young, I thought that there was someone standing in the middle of my room but when I flicked the lights on no one was there. It took me years before I was able to sleep with the lights off again.
13. Are you superstitious? Do you have any rituals for good luck?
I am superstitious to some degree, I mean I have a black cat so not too superstitious, and I don’t really have any good luck rituals I just kind of go with the flow and try my hardest.
14. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Grilled Octopus, not horrible just kind of burnt tasting.
15. Do you have a favourite vacation spot? Where?
I’ve been to Greece and it was beautiful there, I’d love to go back, or maybe try somewhere new like Scotland or Ireland.
16. If you aren’t writing (or doing anything associated with writing), what are you doing?
I’m usually at work, helping my mother, or sleeping.
17. Have you ever met anyone famous – who?